December Lesson Plan
- Week 1
- Learn about red flags for certain types of websites on the internet like scams or websites that steal information
- Learn what a reputable or trustworthy source for information is when getting information from the internet
- Learn practices like using certain search engines and websites to find more trustworthy sources
- short activity sorting websities into trustworthy, untrustworthy, dangerous, and official or unofficial
- Learn about red flags for many types of websites or possible unsafe files, emails, and other interactions online. Learn about viruses
- Learn how to search for more valuable and trusted information using search engines and some online tools. Search for things by website or filetype.
- Decide on groups and have each group pick a topic. Find 5 sources and attribute the information and website.
- Put this info in a collaborative google doc according to a certain format and share it with me
- Learn about red flags for many types of websites or possible unsafe files, emails, and other interactions online
- Learn how to track ownership of websites and guage reputability using online tools like WHOIS. Learn some advanced search queries
- Do a short online activity testing how well they can determine a website is trustworthy
- Be able compile a short list of sources to info about selected technology topics and explain how they know they're likely reputable.
- Learn about red flags for many types of websites or possible unsafe files, emails, and other interactions online. Learn advanced search queries
- Do activity where they have to submit several webpages found (about specific topics) using the advanced search queries learned
- Learn about digital identity and keeping your information safe online and when usign social media
- Week 2
- Be able compile a short list of sources for info about a selected technology topic and explain how they know they're likely reputable - submit in a google doc
- learn about digital identity and online safety, continuing from the previous week
- Learn about digital identity, digital footprints, and safety online
- complete 'digital slueth' lesson on code.org
- Summarize the info collected the week before and put it in a webpage according to a template provided
- learn about digital identity and footprints, and how people are tracked/how to stay safe online.
- Take a short "quiz" on different technology sectors and jobs, incorporating info from the lesson in week 1
- Use the rest of the class to create a webpage that catalouges technology articles using sources obtained according to techniques learned in week 1